Men and women both agree – sometimes, a woman just needs a good facial. There’s nothing like going to the spa and getting pampered and treated for signs of aging and blemishes – but there’s more to skin treatment, especially facials, than donning the classic cucumbers and the green mask. Here are some skin treatments used by celebrities (and everyone else) to keep themselves looking young and beautiful.
- The Anti-Gravity Facial: As the name implies, this facial is designed to remove sagging and tighten up the skin, while also removing unsightly wrinkles and blemishes. Some have described it as ‘Yoga for the Face.’ It involves a standard facial treatment in addition to mico-currency and radio frequencies to achieve its effects.
- Cortisone Shots: Like botox, this is an injection treatment straight to the face. These shots remove zits via a synthetic steroid called cortisone, which reduces and eliminates acne within 48 hours of injection.
- Vita-Infusion Facial: This treatment is used by some celebrities to help maintain the looks that make their living. Many facials add vitamins to the skin. This treatment is a standard facial combined with an IV infusion of vitamins and minerals beneficial for the skin and facial health.
- Microdermabrasion: This classic treatment removes acne scars effectively – and it can be done rather quickly and easily, giving it the nickname ‘lunchtime treatment.’ Essentially, the process scrapes off any old, dead skin cells that may be causing facial blemishes and acne scars. It can be done by an experienced technician or at home with a special kit available at many retailers.
- Laser Facial Treatment: Almost everything can be done with lasers these days – and facial treatment is no exception. Using one or multiple lasers, a professional aesthetician can shine lasers on your face to remove spots and wrinkles and stimulate facial hormones that promote good health.
- Retinoids: Retinoids are topical Vitamin A derivatives that have been shown to reduce signs of aging. You can apply them at home without a prescription, making them a popular facial rejuvenating method. They usually come in the form of a cream you apply to the area you wish to treat.
- IPL Facials: Also known as Photo Facials, this technique uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to deliver light to skin cells which normally receive none at all. During the treatment, flashes of light penetrate deeply into the skin.This helps to increase production of collagen – an effective endogenous wrinkle remover.
- Botox / Botox Lite: This is another classic treatment. Injections of botox artificially expand the skin in the face, reducing wrinkles and making a woman look considerably younger. Be careful with these, though – overdoing it can cause some very unsightly results.
These are just a few of the many available treatments for women who want to look younger and keep their skin healthier as they age. Try them out. Mix and match. You’re sure to find one that works for you. We hope you have enjoyed these tips on giving yourself the best facial you’ve ever had.